Saturday, February 16, 2013

#GF Dairy and Egg Free Pancakes

Around my house we (I) get excited when easy egg-free recipes work! Finally an egg-free pancake that tastes good!

Dry Ingredients

1 cup Bistro Blend All Purpose Flour (www.theglutenfreebistro.com)

2 1/2 tsp baking powder

2 TBSP sugar

1 pinch sea salt

 

Wet Ingredients

1 1/2 cups coconut milk (not condensed)- I am pretty sure any alternative milk would work

1 TBSP apple cider vinegar

1 TBSP melted coconut oil

1 tsp vanilla

 

Place all dry ingredients in large mixing bowl. Mix together with a whisk. Add wet ingredients and whisk until blended.  Place spoonfuls of batter into a frying pan with Smart Balance Spread or vegetable oil on medium heat. Cook until the side facing down is brown and firm and then flip.

No pics this time my pancakes were not pretty enough but they are tasty!

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I've been searching for a GF/DF/EF pancake that works. Do you sell your flour blend locally? I'm in Louisville--buy your dough, crust and pasta but haven't seen the flour. Would love to meet you ladies--let me know if you need help at the Natural Products expo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susan,
    Thanks so much for writing. Our flour is not available retail yet but I could meet you in Louisville to deliver your flour. Thanks for the offer to help at Expo but we are lean and mean and got it covered. Let me know a time a day that works. Fridays before 2 is good for me.

    ReplyDelete