Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Our Favorite GF Pizza Ideas


I am always looking for inspiration in the kitchen.  You would not believe how much pizza I have eaten in the past 4 months.  I would like to go on record to say that I have eaten our gluten free pizza crust almost every day for lunch since January 1, 2010.  I have lost 14 pounds too!  I believe it is because the pizza is whole grain and nutrient dense.  [I have been gf for about 6 years]

Places that I look for healthy, inspiring toppings for my gluten free pizza are...


REAL SIMPLE MAGAZINE:


http://bit.ly/c1hF6P



I love lots of veggies on my pizzas.  I think this pizza is fantastic!  [Real Simple]



Butternut Squash Pizza


Ingredients
1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds), peeled
1 small yellow onion, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rings
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
1/2 cup fresh ricotta


COOKING LIGHT MAGAZINE:


http://bit.ly/cIW9X7



Grilled Veggie Pizza:



Ingredients:


My interpretation is a quick version of this.  I like to go to Whole Foods and pick up some grilled veggies from the prepared food section and some sliced provolone.  I rub the pizza crust with olive oil, spread the veggies out and place the slices of provolone on the top.  Cook for 16 minutes right on the rack at 400 degrees.



FOOD NETWORK:


http://bit.ly/cCWFt6


Hard to go wrong with any of the recipes from the Food Network.  I think that my TV is permanently stuck on this channel!




We would love to hear what you are putting on top of your Gluten Free Bistro's Gourmet Pizza Crust...


To your health,

Kelly, Co-Founder of The Gluten Free Bistro

Gluten-free in Boulder, CO

No comments:

Post a Comment