Monday, June 21, 2010

Carla Spacher Review of Pizza

Gluten Free Pizza Crust Review and Homemade Sausage Recipe


I have yet to perfect a gluten free pizza crust recipe, but The Gluten Free Bistro sent me two pizza crusts to sample.  Because of the sorghum flour that it contains it looks like wheat flour, giving it a cardboard color, but to my surprise, this healthy pizza crust is extremely delicious!  I was very pleased with the texture, as well.  Their pizza crust avoids the top eight allergens.  It definitely is a gourmet pizza crust.  Their products are created by nutritionists and a self proclaimed foodie; and are served at many fine restaurants in Boulder, Colorado.  The Bistro Flour Blend is a combination of whole grain, non-GMO, kosher, allergen-free flours and is used in all of their products. All their products are free of aluminum containing leavening agents.  Their gourmet pizza contains their Bistro Blend Flour (organic brown rice flour, buckwheat flour, sorghum flour, tapioca starch, organic coconut flour and xantan gum), plus apple sauce, olive oil, yeast, sugar (for introducing the yeast only), garlic salt and water.



In honor of my new friendship with The Gluten Free Bisto they were generous enough to offer my readers and all of their customers a 20% discount which will last until 8:00am on June 15, 2010.  You can order or find out more about their products at http://www.theglutenfreebistro.com.

Meanwhile, you will find below a recipe for homemade Sweet Italian sausage to crumble over your pizza and the fixings for a great sausage pizza.  I have added photos of the pizza that I made: gluten free sausage pizza without sauce and a gluten free Hawaiian pizza with sauce.  I usually add sauteed onion and green bell pepper, but I was short on time.  I still it enjoyed it and think you will, too!
Sausage Pizza Gluten Free Sausage Pizza 


 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my review. You guys are the best!

    ReplyDelete